If you are looking for conservative varicose vein treatments Queens based Vein Med Spa is the place to come!
Schedule an appointment today to learn more about conservative varicose vein treatments in Jackson Heights, Queens. Our expert vein doctors have the solutions for your veins. We have a wide variety of treatment options depending on the severity of your case. Call today to learn more.
About Conservative Vein Treatments
Vein disease affects up to 30 million people in the United States making it a common affliction. While it is seen in both genders, it tends to be more common in women than in men.
We are the premier Vein Doctors in Jackson Heights, Queens.
Vein clinics in Jackson Heights offer a host of conservative treatments that should be initiated to manage vein disease before other treatments are considered. While most of these do not completely treat the vein disease, they make it less painful and more bearable.
You vascular doctor in Jackson Heights may recommend one or more of the below conservative treatments:
- Compression Therapy: Vascular doctors in Jackson Heights recommend graduated compression stockings to treat varicose veins. Compression stockings provide gradient pressure on the leg, that is highest at the ankle, and decreases as it goes up. In this way, they promote the flow of blood toward the heart. Compression stockings should be worn at all times in the day by high risk patients. They can also be used by patients that have undergone other treatments for the management of vein disease.
- Weight Loss: Patients that are overweight or obese are encouraged to bring their weight down to a healthy level.
- Exercise: Regular exercise promotes blood circulation preventing the formation of clots.
- Elevating the legs while seated prevents the blood from pooling around the ankles.
- Wearing clothing that is not restrictive around the abdomen and the pelvis ensures that blood flows from the legs up to the heart uninterrupted.
- Avoiding standing or sitting for extended periods of time to prevent the blood from stagnating in the legs.